Looking for amazing zucchini recipes to use up all the zucchini from your garden? These Zucchini Bars with homemade cream cheese icing are a fun and sweet twist on a classic zucchini bread.
I hope you are searching for zucchini recipes because your backyard garden has an abundance of zucchini and you’re looking for ways to use it up! Unfortunately, that has not been the case for our garden this year. The drought at the beginning of the summer, accompanied with super hot days, then followed by so much rain… everything in our garden seemed to protest the weather this year.
So, while you’re looking for recipes to use you zucchini from your garden, I’m supplementing with some great squash that others were able to grow successfully because I can’t go into late summer and fall without making all my family’s favorite zucchini dishes!
I love to use zucchini in a variety of dishes. One of my family’s favorite fall meals is this Zucchini Lasagna, but they always love a sweet treat even more. That’s why I decided to spin our favorite zucchini bread recipe into an even more special treat.
These Zucchini Bars are delicious on their own, but when you add the homemade cream cheese frosting on top, no one can resist them!
If you have a little one [or even a big kid] that refuses anything green, I can just about bet they won’t refuse these zucchini bars!
- 2 cups of Grated Zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of Oil
- 2 and a 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1 cup of Chopped Pecans
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchinis.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Gradually add in oil and sugar.
- Add zucchini, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Blend well with hand mixer.
- Gradually add flour and beat until smooth.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spread into the bottom of a rectangle or square metal baking pan.
- This is a thick batter, so bake on 350 for about 15 minutes, then move to the top rack and bake at reduced heat to 225 and bake in 10 minute intervals until baked through.
- Let cool.
- Next prepare your icing: Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with hand mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add butter and beat until smooth again.
- Add in powdered sugar and vanilla and beat JUST until smooth, do not over beat.
- Spread icing onto your bars. Cut into squares, topping with additional pecans if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have even more zucchini to use? Check out more Zucchini recipes below and be sure to follow my Zucchini board on Pinterest!
More of Our Favorite Zucchini Recipes:
Mini Zucchini Muffins – A wonderful take on zucchini bread, these Zucchini Muffins are so easy to make, delicious, AND great on the go because they’re mini! The perfect size for toddler hands, check out these delicious recipe for mini zucchini muffins!
Zucchini Fruit Snacks – This recipe for homemade fruit snacks makes other easy health snacks look hard. With just 2 ingredients, you’ll have delicious gummies that your kiddos will gobble up!
Feta Zucchini Boats
Zucchini Corn Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette – It doesn’t get more fresh than this Zucchini Corn Salad! It’s the perfect summer side dish to take to picnics or to enjoy at home!
Lemon Zucchini Cake Bars