It’s cold here in Tennessee and there’s no better way to warm up than with a delicious, Southern, warm casserole. This recipe for Chicken Casserole skips all the bells and whistles and is just plain ole delicious!
This Chicken Casserole recipe has been in my cookbook for almost 15 years now and is one that honestly is delicious anytime of the year, but there’s something home-y and warm about the casserole on a cold day!
An ex-boyfriend’s Grandmother actually passed this recipe along to me – best thing I ever got out of that relationship!
Are you ready to warm up with a Chicken Casserole this Winter?
- 1 pkg. Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 small can Evaporated Milk
- 1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm Herb Dressing Mix
- Stew chicken [save broth]. Tear chicken apart - strips or chunks, whichever you prefer.
- Mix soups together with evaporated milk and 2 cans of your chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Put chicken in a 8x8 baking dish [use 9x13 if you prefer a thinner casserole]. Pour soup mixture on top of chicken.
- Mix dressing mix as directed on package, using chicken broth instead of water.
- Put on top of soup and chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.