This Spinach Manicotti recipe is so easy and so cheesy – the whole family will love it! Prepare ahead meals like this manicotti recipe make great weeknight meals.
You know those nights that you are just so tired, so pressed for time, and just don’t feel like cooking a big family dinner?
Those nights were made for prepare ahead meals. Sure, you have to plan ahead and do the preparation on a different day, but your prep day can be one when you’re not pressed for time.
It’s so tempting on those busy weeknights to just head out and pick up something that you’ll regret feeding your family the next day.
Instead, make a plan… and in your plan should be this Spinach Manicotti recipe, trust me.
Prepping this manicotti dish ahead of time means you have a healthy dinner ready for your family any time because it can be prepared and frozen for those busy nights.
It’s actually one of those prepare ahead meals that does have to be prepped ahead because you’re relying on the sauce to soften the manicotti noodles.
I always prepare the night before I plan on serving it, unless I’m planning to freeze.
While I prefer to stuff my manicotti with this mixture of ricotta and spinach, there are so many variations you could do with it.
In fact, if you try something different in your noodles, please come back and leave a comment and tell me so I can try it too!
While my girls often turn up their noses at anything green [what happened to their willingness to eat veggies?!] they don’t even notice the spinach in this dish because… pasta, cheese, and bright red marinara sauce!
I love a delicious pasta dish that doesn’t require cooking the noodles and this is one of those kinds of dishes.
After you stuff your manicotti noodles, place them in your baking dish covered in marinara sauce and let the sauce do the softening for you.
This is one of my favorite recipes because it can literally be prepped when I have extra time and then frozen for later – or the next day, whenever I need it!
It’s so great to know that I can pull it out of the freezer on those busy nights for a delicious family dinner!
And if you’re looking for a great side to serve with this Spinach Manicotti, check out this amazing Mediterranean Salad.
Fancy Mediterranean salad recipes sometimes seem as complicated as spelling the word Mediterranean. This is not one of those recipes. It’s easy, delicious, and should be on your menu tonight!
- 15oz Ricotta Cheese
- 10oz pkg Frozen, Chopped Spinach [thawed & squeezed dry]
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese [divided]
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese [divided]
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp minced parsley [+ a bit more for garnish]
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 jars marinara pasta sauce
- 1 pkg Manicotti Shells
- In a large bowl, combine Ricotta, Spinach, 1 cup Mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, Egg, Parsley, Onion Powder, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Combine Marinara sauce and water. Spread 1 cup sauce in a 13x9x22 baking dish.
- Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with spinach mixture. Arrange over sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over manicotti. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella & Parmesan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. The dish can also be frozen at this step.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until heated through.