This post is sponsored by Pigeon Forge. All opinions are my own.
Regarding the Pigeon Forge attractions & businesses mentioned in this blog, please check their respective websites for an update on their COVID-19 operational updates.
For more information on Pigeon Forge, visit their official website here.
We’ve all been indoors and at home for a few too many months and if you’re like me, the travel itch is definitely getting stronger. One of my family’s favorite travel spots is Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and we’re counting down the days until our next visit!
I’ve talked about our love of Pigeon Forge several times. My love for the Smoky Mountain town has only grown more as I’ve gotten older. I grew up camping in Pigeon Forge almost every single weekend, as my family left our camper at a campground in the city. And now we make it our travel destination for our family anytime we can.
That’s why it’s no surprise that we’re already planning what we’ll do on our next trip and today I’m sharing some of our favorites with you so you can start planning too!
5 Reasons You Should Be Planning a Pigeon Forge Family Vacation
- The city has more than 80 amazing Parkway attractions that everyone will love.
- There’s countless lodging opportunities including camping, hotels, and cabins.
- There are plenty of opportunities to get outside and enjoy the scenery with your family in the Great Smoky Mountains.
- A wonderful array of restaurants to satisfy any craving.
- Pigeon Forge is ready for you!
Family Friendly Activities in Pigeon Forge
When I say there are hundreds of family friendly activities awaiting you in Pigeon Forge, it’s no exaggeration. There are so many attractions that you can’t possibly fit them into one vacation, which is why so many families come back again and again.
Of course, the places you want to visit will depend on your family’s favorite outings, but here’s a few of our favorites you should definitely add to your list.
- Pigeon Forge Snow – Snow tubing inside – it’s as cool as it sounds!
- Dollywood – A world premiere theme park nestled at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains is a MUST when visiting.
- Ride Go-Karts – One of our favorite places to ride is at The Track, as they have karts for all ages to enjoy.
- Titanic Museum Attraction
- Alcatraz East Crime Museum
- Wonderworks – An amusement park for the mind!
- The Comedy Barn – A comedy theater
Click here to see even more of our favorite things to do in Pigeon Forge.
Where to Stay in Pigeon Forge
While we often make day trips to Pigeon Forge, because we live relatively close, we still make special occasions even more special by spending a few nights at some of our favorite hotels. We also love to camp in the area too, and, of course, enjoy a night or two at our favorite cabins when we can.
Here are a few of our favorite places to stay when visiting:
- Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort
- Riverstone Resort & Spa
- Music Road Resort Hotel
- Country Cascades [Hotel]
- Dollywood Cabins
- Cabins USA
- Pigeon Forge KOA Campground
- Clabough’s Campground
Ready to head to Pigeon Forge now? There are a TON of family vacation activities that go hand-in-hand with social distancing and staying outside.
If your family loves to hike, you probably picked Pigeon Forge because of it’s scenery and proximity to the Great Smoky Mountains and hiking trails available. Hiking isn’t the only outdoor activity, though.
Here are some of our favorite outside attractions that you should plan in your next Pigeon Forge family vacation:
- The Island – a great collection of restaurants, shops, and activities including the Ropes Course and Great Smoky Mountain Wheel.
- Alpine Coasters – a relatively new activity on the Pigeon Forge landscape and SO MUCH FUN!
- Rafting in the Smokies
- Miniature Golf Courses – Our favorite is the outdoor course at Crave Golf Club
Want more outdoor activity ideas? Check them out here.
Best Pigeon Forge Restaurants
If you know me at all, you probably know that I judge a vacation spot by their restaurants. Pigeon Forge ranks way up there for me, y’all! Whether you want a fabulous show with your dinner, a quick serve meal, or to taste the amazing Southern delicacies like gravy and biscuits or country ham, this town has you covered.
Here’s our favorite restaurants not to be missed:
- Favorite Dinner Show: It’s a tie between Dolly Parton’s Stampede and Pirate’s Voyage for us.
- Favorite Breakfast spots: Flapjack’s Pancake Cabin and Frizzle Chicken Farmhouse Cafe
- Old Mill Pottery House Cafe & Grille
- Local Goat
- Funnel Cake Factory
- Huck Finn’s Catfish, Chicken & Steaks
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen
How Pigeon Forge is Preparing for Visitors
One of the most important reasons you should be planning your next Pigeon Forge vacation is because… Pigeon Forge is ready for YOU! Pigeon Forge is within driving distance for the majority of East Coasters and totally worth that drive, as you can see! The city has been working hard to keep visitors safe and healthy. Be sure to check out all the updated information about businesses and their safety plans here and get your own Pigeon Forge Travel Planning Guide.
The city is unique in that there are a ton of activities to do year-round, both inside and outside, which makes it a vacation destination for so many families, year after year. With the beautiful and majestic Smoky Mountains as a backdrop, your family will make memories that last a lifetime… just like mine!
Pigeon Forge is truly a family destination as there are just so many attractions for all ages, and why you should be planning your next Pigeon Forge family vacation now!