I’ve been cooking with Olive Oil since Rachel Ray made the EVOO phrase popular in just about every kitchen across America – or at least that’s the first time I had heard the 4 letter phrase used 10 times in 30 minutes! That’s why sharing a recipe with you, where I ditch the butter and switch to olive oil.
In fact, we’ve ditched butter in a lot of ways for a couple of reasons: Olive Oil is healthier choice for my family. It is cholesterol free and contains far less saturated fats than butter. We also ditched butter for Sophia’s health. She was diagnosed with a dairy allergy in January of this year, so it is much easier to cook meals that are safe for her instead of cooking her a separate dish.
Oven Roasted Golden Potatoes
This is one of my go-to side dishes simply because it’s easy, goes with just about any main course, and I always have the ingredients in the cupboard. It’s a healthier potato side dish that our whole family loves!
- 4-5 Yukon Gold Potatoes [any potato will do, but these [and red potatoes] are the tastiest!]
- 1 tbsp. Pompeian Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- Dash of Season Salt
- Cut your potatoes into cubes and place in a single layer in a glass baking dish.
- Drizzle with Pompeian Olive Oil and cover with Oregano and Season Salt.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 30-45 minutes. I like our potatoes to get a bit crispy, so I usually leave them for 45 minutes - stirring once at about 20 minutes.
I love roasting these potatoes just until some of the sides are a nice, crisp texture and the Olive Oil brings out the golden look of the potatoes!
You may think that ditching butter and switching to Olive Oil will be a hard change, but it’s truly not.