Fancy Mediterranean salad recipes sometimes seem as complicated as spelling the word Mediterranean. This is not one of those recipes. It’s easy, delicious, and should be on your menu tonight!
This Mediterranean salad recipe was inspired by a collaboration with Newman’s Own Organics. All opinions are my own.
When we go out to eat at a restaurant I have to say that my favorite thing to order is usually the salad. I always try to pick one beyond a typical house salad because that seems to be the only kind I regularly make at home. So, when we’re at a restaurant, I try to branch out and try something different.
Lately though, in an effort to stay on budget and stick to a healthier diet, we are eating at home more than eating out these days. While I was planning our weekly menu I thought to myself “Why can’t I step out of the regular salad routine at home too?!” It turns out, I totally can, although I really had no idea what type of salad I should make so I let the grocery store shelves help inspire me.
I always purchase Newman’s Own Organics salad dressings because of the fresh, crisp flavor that they add to salads. When I saw the new organic line of dressings on my latest shopping trip, I knew one of them would be my salad inspiration. While I chose to use the Newman’s Own Organics organic Balsamic dressing for this Mediterranean salad recipe, I think the organic Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing is next on my list!
Newmans’ Own Organics was founded by the late actor and philanthropist, Paul Newman. Since that very first day the company began in 1982 Newman’s Own has always given 100 percent of profits to charity. Today, the company has given over $485 million to charity! Today, Newman’s Own Organics continues to carry on Mr. Newman’s philanthropic legacy with the Newman’s Own Foundation, building upon the premise the company was founded upon, while also creating some of the cleanest and best-tasting organic foods available.
While I set out to create a side salad that would pair perfectly with my Spinach Manicotti, the salad ultimately became a delicious dinner all on it’s own. Chopped fresh vegetables paired with olives, artichoke hearts and feta crumbles, covered in organic Balsamic dressing is how this Mediterranean salad came together.
- 16.5 oz. Salad Greens
- Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 Container Grape Tomatoes [halved]
- 2 Cucumbers, chopped
- 1/3 - 1/2 red/purple onion sliced
- 1/2 Green Pepper, chopped
- 6 - 8 oz. Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1 cup Whole Pitted Olives
- Newman's Own Organics Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Chop and prep fresh vegetables per instructions in ingredients. Toss together with Newman's Own Organics Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. I like to use approximately 1/4 cup for this size of salad, but you'll want to add slowly to get the salad you prefer.
- Serve as a side salad or enjoy this healthy, fresh salad as your dinner tonight!