We’re knee deep into the month of December, which means time is precious. Whether your family is busy running from store to store buying presents for Christmas or running from program to basketball games with your kids, time really does seem to pass faster than it did in November!
Although I feel like I’m more pressed for time in the afternoons, making a delicious and hearty dinner for my family isn’t something I can just skip. Although I have definitely changed up my regular dinner menus to incorporate more simple meals, especially one pot meals which make clean up faster and easier too!
One of our current family favorites is this Mac N Cheese Chili and I just know that your family will love it too!
This one pot meal has very little prep and cooks in under 30 minutes – seriously!
The only prep work involved in this recipe is dicing up 2 tablespoons of garlic and an onion to brown with your ground beef. Once that is nicely browned, you add in the Diced Tomatoes, Chicken Broth, Kidney Beans, and Chili Powder.
I love buying the pre-made pouches of spices to save a little extra time, but if you have Cumin and Chili Powder on hand, you can mix in your favorite chili spices! After just a couple minutes of simmering, you’re ready to add in your favorite pasta – elbow macaroni and shells are our favorites to use – and simmer until your pasta is al dente.
Topping this beautiful post of Mac N Cheese Chili with cheese and fresh chopped parsley is the best part! It’s the last step in the recipe and then you’re ready to serve. You might be tempted to skip the side of Italian Bread from the Walmart Bakery, but don’t. The best bites of this Mac N Cheese Chili are those last few that you can soak up with the delicious bread!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 can RO*TEL
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes [w/ Basil, Garlic, & Oregano]
- 1 quart Chicken Broth
- 1 package Chili Mix [or Chili Powder & Cumin!]
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 8 oz Favorite Pasta - Elbow Macaroni or Shells are best!
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Heat EVOO over Medium-High Heat.
- Brown ground beef with chopped onions and garlic in your Dutch Oven.
- Once browned, add Chicken Broth, Chili Mix, RO*TEL, Diced Tomatoes, and Kidney Beans.
- Bring to a simmer, then add pasta.
- Cook about 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Take off heat and add cheese on top.
- Let cheese melt, then top with fresh parsley and serve immediately!