If there’s one thing I love, it’s a good snack. I’m so guilty of hitting a slump in the middle of the afternoon and running to the kitchen to get perked back up with a quick bite to eat. Unfortunately, a lot of times I reach for not-so-healthy treats, but I’m telling you, I’m getting better!
I was challenged me to create a delicious adult bento box with some of these delightful, gluten-free crackers and the first thing that popped into my mind was hummus!
It’s true, I’ve become completely obsessed with snacking with hummus and I couldn’t wait to try a new recipe with these snacks!
Of course, they’re quite delicious with any type of hummus so don’t let a recipe hold you back. Plop some out of a container with the edamame chips and you’ll be in snacking heaven! But if you’re ready to take your hummus dipping up a level, be sure to try this Layered Hummus Dip!
You’ll find the full recipe below, but right now, go grab your favorite Hummus, Greek Yogurt, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Parsley, and Feta Cheese. Hubby loves to add chopped olives to his snack, but I’m not an olive fan so I forego that addition.
The result of these delicious ingredients gives you a hummus dip so fresh and light that you might just eat a little more than you planned. If that’s the case, you’ll want to grab a bento box for portion control!
It’s actually true that sometimes I put together my snacks or lunch in a bento box even if I’m just eating at home. Otherwise, my portion sizes are sometimes a little too large. Plus, everything is more fun to eat in a bento box – just ask my girls!
This adult bento box is so fresh, so colorful, and most importantly so yummy! I really cant’ get enough of the combination and I think you’re going to love the layered hummus dip too!
- 1 package of your favorite Hummus
- [I made my own with Bush's Hummus Made Easy Classic and 1 can of Bush's Garbanzo Beans]
- 1 cup of organic Greek Yogurt
- Handful of chopped organic tomatoes
- Handful of chopped organic cucumber
- 1/2 cup of Feta Cheese crumbles
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Olives [optional]
- Mix together organic Greek Yogurt and Hummus. Put into dish then layer with fresh vegetables and feta cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley. Eat with your favorite dippers - vegetables and gluten-free crackers!