If you have an Instant Pot, you know just how you can use it for almost everything in the kitchen and that includes eggs! Here’s how to make the most PERFECTLY cooked Instant Pot hard boiled eggs!
Do you use your Instant Pot for everything? I admit, mine sat in the box for months. I kept relating it to the old type of pressure cookers and was terrified that it would blow up if I tried to use it.
I kept seeing all these amazing Instant Pot recipes on Pinterest and even starting pinning them thinking “one day…”
Well, I finally conquered my fear of my Instant Pot and I’m so glad I did because I now use it a few times a week. Actually, I’d probably use it even more if I would do better at meal planning.
One way that I’ve been using my Instant Pot even more lately is just maintenance type cooking. I make Instant Pot Broccoli at least once a week. It’s just the easiest way to get perfectly steamed veggies! And here’s another super easy one… instant pot boiled eggs!
I’ve made these quite a few times and this timing makes the boiled eggs come out perfectly so I felt like I had to share… especially since Easter is right around the corner. This is a great way to get your Easter eggs ready.
There’s no need for extra trays or Instant Pot accessories to make hard boiled eggs. And you can make as many as 12 at a time in your Instant Pot – just as long as they are a single level, they’ll cook perfectly.
While it takes a bit more than 5 minutes, because your Instant Pot has to come to pressure, the cook time is just 5 minutes! I find this to be a much easier and faster way to boil eggs.
Once you manually set your Instant Pot to 5 minutes, it will begin to come to pressure. Leave it at this point to do its thing. As it comes to pressure, the floating pin will rise and it will start cooking the eggs.
As time goes, it will count down on the LED screen, how much time is remaining.
If you want slightly softer boiled eggs, you can do a quick release at this point. I prefer hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot so I leave for 5 minutes on the Warm function and then do a quick release.
You’ll be removing perfectly hard boiled eggs, so putting them into an ice bath is a great idea to stop the cooking process so you don’t get those dreaded green rings around the yolks!
I guarantee you’ll never boil your eggs on the stove again after seeing how easy it is to make Instant Pot eggs. Here’s a few more ways you can use your Instant Pot this Spring.
Here’s another one of my favorite recipes… Instant Pot Cheesecake!
Here’s how to make the PERFECT Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs:
- 12 eggs (or as many as you would like to do that fit in one layer in the pot)
- 1 cup water
- Set the cooking rack inside the cook pot. The rack comes with the machine when you purchase it.
- Set out the eggs on the rack, in one single layer.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Close the top securely and be sure to set the top release handle on “seal” position.
- Press manual, and press the (+)(-) button to set 5 minutes.
- Within a few seconds, the machine will turn to “on”.
- When it finishes the cooking time, it will shift to the “keep warm” setting. (L000). As it continues is keep warm function, it will count UP in time. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release and when the steam is completely finished, the steel floating pin on the top will drop down to indicate it is safe to open the lid. Open the lid towards you so that the steam does not burn you.
- Remove the eggs into an ice bath to stop the cooking. Let them sit for 5 minutes or so, and then you can refrigerate or peel them right away.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can even make hard boiled eggs in your air fryer! I love doing them this way too!