On Black Friday last year, I kept seeing “Buy the Instant Pot! It’s at the greatest price ever!” on just about every social media channel I visited. I kept hearing these great stories about how everyone can cook full meals in 30 minutes, make bone broth, and pretty much cook anything and everything in this magical machine.
Then, I got mine and I had no clue what to do with it.
So if you’re like me and looking for Instant Pot recipes, I’ve got you covered. I am going to start sharing some of my favorite Instant Pot recipes starting with this utterly amazing, tastes as delicious as it looks, Instant Pot Cheesecake covered in Caramel and Walnuts!
I chose to top my cheesecake with caramel sauce and walnuts, but it’s totally up to you. I couldn’t resist the golden color of caramel on top of that golden cheesecake!
I know what you really want to know… how to make this gorgeous dessert! Let’s get to it. You’ll need a couple of things in addition to your ingredients: an Instant Pot [if you don’t already have one, I highly recommend this miracle of a kitchen machine] and a 7 inch round springform pan.
Here’s a little helpful tip for your springform pan – I use the bottom of my pan to cut a piece of parchment paper to fit in the bottom. To help my cheesecake slide from the pan easily, I spray it with a little non-stick spray along with the sides of the pan.
The golden crust on this cheesecake is as gorgeous as the top and is homemade from graham crackers and butter. If you don’t already have graham cracker crumbs, just crush up graham crackers in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
After you’ve filled your cheesecake crust with the creamy filling, add two cups of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot and be sure to have your Trivet in place.
Before you place your cheesecake in your Instant Pot, I’d highly suggest making this nifty little handle! Take a piece of foil and fold it long enough to fit the pan and a bit of extra on both sides. Fold it long wise into a long strip.
Then, put a paper towel folded into a long strip as well into the inside of the foil. Your paper towel will be between the foil and pan. I usually crumble the sides up a little like a handle, then place into your instant pot.
Secure the Instant Pot lid and make sure the seal is closed. Press Manual on High Pressure and set it to 41 minutes – that 1 minute makes this cheesecake perfection. Once the cooking time is over, let the Instant Pot do a natural release for about 15-20 minutes.
Once it’s done, the cheesecake should jiggle just a bit, almost like Jello. Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator, covered in a paper towel and let cool completely. Once it’s cool, resist the urge to dig straight in and add some delicious toppings! I’m thinking fresh fruit like cut up berries would be just amazing on it as well!
Or if you’re like me, just drizzle some caramel on top and sprinkle with your favorite type of nut to give it a pop and some extra sweetness!
- For the Crust:
- 1 packet of Honey Graham Crackers, about 1 1/4 cups
- 6 tbsp. Butter, melted
- For the Filling:
-  Cream Cheese, 8oz.
- Sprinkle of Salt
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- First, crush your graham crackers if they are not already crumbs. You can easily crush them in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- Once crushed, combine them in a bowl with the melted butter. Stir until combined well.
- Once combined, press the crust mixture into the bottom of your spring form pan and also a little along the sides to create a lip. Set aside to begin working on the filling.
- In your mixer, combine cream cheese and heavy cream. Mix until creamy.
- Next, add in sugar and mix well.
- Now, turn mixer on low speed and add one egg at a time to the mixture.
- Next, add vanilla to the egg yolk and stir, then add the yolk into the mixer.
- Pour your filling into the pan.
- Add two cups of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot and be sure to have your Trivet in place.
- Place your cheesecake mixture into your Instant Pot. Secure the lid and make sure the seal is closed.
- Choose "Manual" on High Pressure and set it to 41 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, let it natural release when done for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove when finished and place into the refrigerator to let cool completely. Once it is cool you can add toppings.
- Drizzle caramel on top and sprinkle walnuts or your favorite nuts to give it a pop and extra sweetness.