This Easter Saltine Cracker Toffee candy is sure to please all ages of sweet tooths – a play on the ever popular Christmas crack candy, it’s festive and yummy!
Have you ever tried the cracker candy that’s usually made around Christmas time? A lot of people refer to it as “Christmas crack”, but it’s really a Saltine toffee recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. By purchasing through these links, I may make a commission. Thank you for your support.
It’s made with saltine crackers and has a toffee and chocolate layer. And it’s truly an amazing treat. It sounds so simple, but those flavors together are irresistible!
If you haven’t tried it, you might be doing yourself a favor, because it is so addictive! I could seriously eat the entire pan in one day!
But let’s promise not to eat the whole pan, ok? That way we can make it and not feel so guilty! Today, I’m going to share with you that beloved saltine cracker toffee recipe, but with an Easter twist!
It’s so easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen right now.
This Spring idea just kind of hopped right up to me as I was trying to come up with a way to make a variation of this candy for Easter.
That way it would be fun for the kids, and would give me an excuse to eat some in March instead of waiting until December.
It’s also a great excuse to use up stale crackers that have been sitting in the pantry during soup season.
My boys loved it, and so did Mama! The Easter version is so much more festive. The boys had fun adding the chocolate eggs and Easter sprinkles too. If your children are older, this is definitely a recipe that they could easily assist with if they like helping in the kitchen.
This candy is so delicious. It’s sweet, salty, and colorful. It couldn’t be easier to make and uses simple ingredients. It makes a great Easter treat to give to friends or teachers… if you want to share!
Consider this fair warning – It’s quite addictive, so you may want to hide in a closet and eat it all by yourself. Not that I’ve ever done that before… I would never have secret candy!
- Saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup + 2 T brown sugar (packed)
- 1 bag candy melts (12 oz)
- Chocolate Easter candies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place crackers in a single layer to cover entire pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, then add brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes. (I like to use a flexible silicone spatula to really scrape the pot.)
- Pour mixture over crackers and spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Place pan in fridge to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, heat and stir candy melts in microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn them.
- Pour candy melts over butter/sugar layer, and spread evenly. Add chocolate Easter candy (we used Cadbury eggs) and sprinkles immediately so they will stick.
- Place pan in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Break candy apart with your hands into large pieces.