Looking for a light lunch or dinner the whole family will love? These Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps are perfect for any time of the day.
My husband loves to get creative in the kitchen. But because he works so much, he doesn’t often get to as much as he’d like. But when he does, oh you better look out. Not only does he usually come up with something really tasty, he usually has a pile of dishes to show just how it all came together too! I will say, though, when it comes out as good as this recipe for Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps did, I’ll gladly clean up the mess.
He got inspiration for this light and delicious meal from a dish that he had at a restaurant while traveling for work. He came home raving about the simplicity of lettuce wraps and how we just had to try to make some ourselves. Little did I know how easy they really are to make and how delicious this combination of fresh corn and ground turkey would be!
While I love heading to our local farmer’s market to pick up a dozen ears of fresh corn, that’s not always feasible depending on the time of the year it is. This recipe comes out just fine using frozen or even canned corn.
One ingredient that you definitely don’t want to change, though, is the ground turkey base. We’ve actually tried it with a few different meat variations and ground turkey not only tastes better with the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, but it’s a better alternative health wise. Ground turkey is great for quick weeknight dinners and is lower in fat and calories than ground beef, making it a better alternative.
Perhaps my favorite thing about these Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps, other than the delicious, light taste, is the fact that they take less than 30 minutes to prepare! That makes them the perfect weeknight meal choice, especially during the crazy busy back-to-school time that we’re in the middle of now.
While your ground turkey is browning, you can do the easy prep work of chopping green onions and fresh corn. The ingredients are also minimal, which means this is a meal that I can whip up super easy since I always try to have a package of ground turkey in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 1 package Ground Turkey
- 2 ears Fresh Corn [or 1.5 cups of frozen corn]
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Splash of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon for juice
- Your choice of lettuce.
- Heat 1 tbsp of EVOO in a pan over Medium heat.
- Add in finely chopped garlic.
- Once it starts to warm, add ground turkey. Brown.
- While browning, chop green onions and shuck and chop off corn from the cob.
- Once turkey is browned, add in corn and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in Soy Sauce and a splash of Balsamic Vinegar. Cook for just a minute.
- Add in green onions and turn off heat.
- Serve on your choice of lettuce leaves. I love using hydroponic lettuce or Romaine leaves for this dinner.