This post was inspired by a collaboration with Eagle Brand. All opinions and text are my own.
If you’re looking for a breakfast that the whole family will love, look no further than these easy Stuffed French Toast Roll-Ups. This Cinnamon French Toast recipe comes with a sweet topping and is one that you’ll want to make again and again!
Just because Christmas is over doesn’t mean the baking and cooking has to be. Winter time is one of my favorite times of the year to cook – I guess it’s because the cool weather has us inside more and I don’t mind heating up the house by cooking in the kitchen like I do in the warmer months.
And one of my favorite meals to cook is breakfast. I love to get up before the rest of the house and enjoy a cup of coffee, sometimes while I’m cooking breakfast and sometimes before. It’s the one meal of the day that the whole family almost always agrees on – because who doesn’t love breakfast food?!
Especially when it’s as pretty [and sweet] as these Cinnamon French Toast Roll-Ups! When the girls wake up to these, you can bet they get excited! And although they look like they might be complicated, they really aren’t.
Follow the recipe below by making your cinnamon feeling, cinnamon sprinkling mixture, and the delicious sweet glaze to put on top. One of my favorite ingredients for almost any type of sweet treat is featured in the sweet glaze – Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk. We use it when we bake and even in one of our family’s favorite fruit salad recipes.
But let’s get back to these lovely Cinnamon French Toast Roll-Ups. Once you’ve spread the cinnamon mixture on one side of your flattened bread, roll them up and pop on a warm frying pan of butter or oil and cook for 2 minutes per side.
Once they’re beautiful and golden brown, you can sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture and drizzle with the super sweet and delicious condensed milk glaze! If your family is like mine, they’ll ask for more so you might want to consider doubling the recipe!
- 12 slices bread, crusts trimmed
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons cream
- For the drizzle:
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- For the cinnamon sugar coating, combine 1 Tablespoon of the cinnamon and the white sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the french toast batter, combine the eggs, cream and 1 Tablespoon of the cinnamon and set aside.
- For the cinnamon filling, combine the butter, brown sugar and remaining cinnamon in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Roll each slice of bread until flat and then spread a generous half Tablespoon of the cinnamon filling on the bread.
- Roll the bread slice short end to short end.
- Repeat with all slices of bread, using up all of the cinnamon filling.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a bit of butter or oil.
- Dip each roll into the french toast batter and place 4-6 at a time in the frying pan, turning after 2 minutes to cook each side.
- Remove to a plate and repeat with all remaining rolls.
- Meanwhile, whip up the drizzle by combining all of the ingredients.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stir until combined.
- Roll in the cinnamon-sugar coating (or sprinkle) and then drizzle the sweet glaze over top.