Love pumpkin? Love Nutella? These recipe for easy pumpkin muffins will satisfy both of those cravings in one! A delicious pumpkin muffins with swirls of Nutella is a perfect breakfast or snack for any time of the year.
This post contains affiliate links.
We’re in the midst of pumpkin season. I have to admit, I fall right for everything pumpkin. Put orange letters on a product with a bit of cinnamon and spice and I’ll buy it. I think it’s the warm feelings have for the cool season as the leaves start falling. Fall carries a bit of a romantic feeling for me!
So these easy pumpkin muffins shouldn’t be a surprise at all. I’ve been making Pumpkin Spice French Toast in the mornings on the weekend and I’ve been looking for something a little more school morning friendly. These muffins are perfect to make and serve for a few days after. They even freeze well too!
The ingredients are pretty simple and straightforward for an easy muffin recipe. You’ll want to blend all of your dry ingredients in one bowl, with wet ingredients in another before mixing together.
I use milk in this recipe, but I often replace milk in baking recipes with almond milk with little difference. Sometimes muffins are a bit more messy and don’t stick together as well with almond milk, but it’s a small price to pay to make them dairy-free if your diet requires that. You’ll also want to find a dairy-free Nutella alternative. This one is our favorite.
Looking for more dairy free recipes? Check out my Almond Milk French Toast recipe.
Pumpkin is one of my favorite Fall flavors, but I would be lying if I didn’t admit that the lovely Nutella swirls weren’t what makes this easy pumpkin muffins recipe even more special. After a quick round in the microwave, your Nutella will sit right on top of the muffin batter.
Swirling muffins and cakes is one of Moreaya’s favorite parts of baking so get the kiddos involved when it comes to swirling!
In just 20 minutes, you’ll have warm, delicious easy pumpkin muffins with delicious Nutella swirls ready for breakfast or a sweet snack!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line your muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, eggs, oil and both sugars. Mix until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir. Poor in half of the milk and stir again. Repeat.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way from the top.
- Add the Nutella to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-40 seconds and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Drop a teaspoon of the Nutella into the center of each muffin cup. Using a toothpick, swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with additional Nutella spread, butter or maple syrup.