If you’re looking for easy Christmas crafts for kids, this is it! You only need 2 things to make them – Fruit Loop cereal and pipe cleaners!
They’re a great fine motor activity for little hands and can be hung on the Christmas tree or outside for birds and squirrels to eat!
While I’m totally looking forward to having my girls home for a few weeks during Christmas break, I know things will be total chaos if I don’t have plenty of things for them to do.
We’ll definitely be baking Christmas cookies [these Kiss Cookies are our favorite], wrapping presents, and making crafts. While some crafts that we do are more elaborate, sometimes the simplest are the most fun for them.
These Fruit Loop Candy Canes are so, so easy to make and you only need two things – Fruit Loop cereal and pipe cleaners! These are so great for little kids because it’s a great fine motor activity.
But they are fun for a little older kids too because you can really get creative with your shapes and styles.
I actually made these with my daughter’s Kindergarten class at school last year and they loved making them! It was easy enough for a quick craft and they enjoyed snacking while they made them too!
These candy cane crafts make adorable ornaments for your Christmas tree, but they can also be used for decorations outside! You can hang them up just like they are in trees or even spread some peanut butter on the cereal and roll in bird seed!
The squirrels and birds love them and you have fun outdoor Christmas decorations.
- Fruit Loop Cereal
- Pipe Cleaners (Assorted Colors)
- Bend and fold the end of a pipe cleaner to create a stopper so the cereal won’t fall off. Then, shape/bend into a hook.
- From the other end, slide the Fruit Loops onto the pipe cleaner in any pattern that you would like.
- Once you get all the fruit loops on and have your desired length, cut the excess pipe cleaner off. Make sure to leave a little bit so you can create another stopper on the end.
- Hang on Christmas tree and Enjoy!