These red white and blue popsicles are the perfect treat for Independence Day – They’re perfectly patriotic, fruity and cool for hot summer days!
The weather has been absolutely GORGEOUS here in east Tennessee this past week – how has it been where you live? Warm weather, means one thing – summer has arrived and our family couldn’t be happier!
We’ve been spending as much time outdoors as we can and soaking up every minute of it. This Summer is even more special because Sophia will be going to Kindergarten this Fall and Moreaya will start Preschool.
So I feel like it’s their last summer before they’ll be school age children so we’re really making sure to fill it with fun days and activities!
Just yesterday, the girls set up a tea party on our front porch. During the move, my Mom found a lot of my old toys including this porcelain tea set. Sophia was so excited to have a real tea party and wanted to put on a real tea party dress for the occasion.
We put real water in the tea pot [do you see a theme here?!] and the girls drank more water during their Tea Party than they probably have in their whole life… Mom Win! They had an absolute blast with this impromptu Summer Fun activity.
Tea parties are totally fun, but one of our favorite summer activities is making DIY popsicles. We’ve tried a variety of fruit popsicles, popsicles made with yogurt, and this year we decided to make a some red white and blue popsicles since we’re just a few days away from the fireworks-filled holiday!
DIY popsicles are one of the easiest and most satisfying summer activities you can do with your children. It’s a craft, it’s a sweet, healthy, cool treat, and they get a reward at the end!
To make these yummy red white and blue popsicles all you’ll need is your ingredients, which are below, a blender [I LOVE my single serve Ninja because it’s small but packs a hefty punch] and an adorable popsicle mold.
There are literally dozens of different types of popsicle molds on Amazon, but we do love this one.
- Popsicle Mold
- Strawberries or Raspberries
- Coconut Milk [full fat]
- A little sugar or honey for sweetening [use any sweetener you'd like or omit if you'd like a bit more of a tart popsicle]
- Dash of Vanilla
- To make the 3 color layers, blend up 3 different single serve jars.
- The first is Strawberries and just a dash of sugar if they're a bit tart.
- The next with blueberries and the same dash of sweetness.
- Then a third jar gets a few cubes of ice with coconut milk, 1/4 tsp of vanilla, and another little dash of sugar.
- To get the Red, White, and Blue effect, put the strawberry puree in the molds first and pop them in the freezer for just about 15 minutes - just enough for them to get hard enough so the layers won't mix. Follow with a layer of white with another 15 in the freezer. Then, top off with your last layer of "blue".
- In about 6 hours, you have delicious DIY July 4th Popsicles that are ready to be enjoyed!
Looking for more treat ideas for the summer? Check out these 20 July 4th snack ideas!