Looking for adorable DIY Dog Costumes for Halloween? This easy homemade dog costume comes together in minutes and pays homage to everyone’s favorite fall drink!
When my parents moved in with us over 2 years ago, we gained a close family member. Smokey had always been close to use, but especially now since we all live under one roof. My parents adopted their adorable Yorkshire Terrier on Halloween night in 2009. So the holiday definitely has special meaning when it comes to this furry friend!
Of course, the girls just like any excuse to help him get dressed up in something other than his normal dog t-shirts. But this year, it was my turn to pick out his Halloween costume and my inspiration came from one of my favorite fall drinks!
When I started thinking about what DIY dog costume to make for Smokey this Halloween, I couldn’t get the one drink out of my head that I can’t wait to have when October rolls around… a Pumpkin Spice Latte! Hey, I love them so much, I make my own PSL with my Ninja Coffee Bar all year long!
That’s how I knew that I HAD to make a PSL Dog Costume!
I love a good DIY project and DIY dog costumes are no exception. They’re usually less expensive than buying plus a lot more creative. I pulled together this Pumpkin Spice Latte costume in less than 30 minutes and spent just a few dollars!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Dog Tshirt – Use any that you have because your coffee sleeve will cover most of it.
- Brown cardboard OR craft paper. I picked up a couple of sheets from my local craft store.
- 1/4 yard Cream colored knit fabric
- Coffee Cup Lid
- Elastic Thread
The cutest part of the DIY dog costume for me is that adorable coffee cup lid hat and whipped cream-inspired ruffled collar. I simply washed off one of my coffee cup lids from my latest PSL and attached elastic thread to make a super simple but cute hat for the costume.
For the ruffle collar, sew a long line of thread down a long piece of knit fabric. Make sure your using a super long stitch. Once you have sewn the entire length of your fabric, pull the fabric along one piece of thread to create a ruffle.
Get as creative as you want on your coffee sleeve. I used my Cricut to make a coffee logo design, but you can draw it out as well. I just wrapped it around Smokey’s little belly and taped it once it was on so it wouldn’t be too tight or uncomfortable for him. And there you have it – a Pumpkin Spice Latte dog costume for your furry friend in just minutes!
If Pumpkin Spice Lattes are fueling your Fall, turn your dog into one for Halloween with this simple DIY dog costumes tutorial.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte Drink Costume for Dogs
- Dog T-Shirt
- Brown Cardboard or Craft Paper
- 1/4 yard Cream Color Knit Fabric
- Elastic Thread
- Plastic Coffee Cup Lid
- Coffee Sleeve: Take your brown craft paper and cut it to fit your dog's tummy.
- Decorate - I made my "Starbucks" logo with my Cricut, but it can be hand drawn too.
- Once decorated, roll it back around your dog's tummy and tape. I like to put the "sleeve" over a t-shirt so it doesn't irritate their skin.
- For the ruffle collar, sew a long line of thread down a long piece of cream knit fabric. Make sure you're using a super long stitch.
- Once you have sewn the entire length of your fabric, pull the fabric along one piece of thread to create a ruffle. Tie together and slip over your dog's head - making sure it's not too tight!
- Top it all off with a coffee lid hat! I simply washed off one of my coffee cup lids from my latest PSL and attached elastic thread to make a super simple but cute hat for the costume.
DIY Dollar Tree Fall and Halloween Projects
Monday 18th of October 2021
[…] girls that just loves all things pumpkin. I made Pumpkin French Toast, Pumpkin Muffins, and even Pumpkin Dog Costumes – […]
10 Super Cute DIY Halloween Costumes for Dogs -
Tuesday 17th of September 2019
[…] Photo Credit: So Easy Being Green, DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte Halloween Costume for Dogs […]
16 Halloween Dog Costumes That Will Make Your Pooch Look Barktastic!
Wednesday 30th of January 2019
[…] Pumpkin Spice Latte Dog Costume […]
Saturday 8th of September 2018
This costume is adorable!
Thursday 28th of September 2017
This is the cutest dog costume ever! I know your kiddos will have fun trick or treating with such an adorable pup! #client