Just because Earth Day has passed, doesn’t mean the idea of it needs to be gone too!
Choosing to be eco friendly, even in the most simple of ways, is a good habit to get into all year long.
I wrote a post about the importance of choosing cartons when grocery shopping last June! I admitted that I had no clue really how much better choosing cartons over plastic containers was!
Since that post, when I’m shopping I make a conscious effort to choose products that have paper packaging.
Here’s a few reasons why you should choose cartons too!
- Cartons are recyclable for more than 49 million U.S. households.
- More than 70% of a carton is paper made from trees, a renewable resource.
- The majority of trees used to make cartons come from U.S. forests where responsible forest practices are used and average growth exceeds use.
- Cartons protect the product inside from UV rays and help keep it fresh—preserving taste, vitamins and other nutrients.
- Products packaged in cartons are an average of 94% product and only 6% packaging, giving you more value and reducing unnecessary packaging.
- Cartons take up less space in shipping to the processor and grocery stores compared to other forms of packaging, making transportation more efficient.
You can find even more reasons, and valuable info, when you check out ChooseCartons.com.
Here’s a few that I do that are super easy!
- Use reusable shopping bags.
- Buy Organic.
- Choose Cartons!
- Buy in Bulk.