It seems like no matter the time of year, week nights are hectic. That’s why when I plan our menu for the week, I always try to take into account that I don’t have that much time for cooking during the week. Between school pick-up and after school activities like dance class and soccer practice, there just isn’t that much time to spend in the kitchen. That’s the very reason that I was inspired to put two of my favorite dinners together and create these super easy and delicious Chicken Parmesan Bowls.
Because spaghetti is so easy to make and a family favorite, we have it on our menu weekly. The whole family loves spaghetti, but sometimes I feel like this simple meal can get a little redundant week after week. By simply adding one of our other favorite quick meal ingredients and a few fresh veggies and cheese, I’ve got a whole new meal to add to the menu and one that tastes delicious and looks like I spent hours cooking in the kitchen.
If you have enough time to bake chicken tenders, you have enough time to make these Chicken Parmesan Bowls. While they’re crisping up nicely in the oven, you’ll be boiling pasta, warming your favorite pasta sauce, and quickly Sautéing spinach and mushrooms.
I know you’re wondering why I chose to make the Chicken Parmesan Bowls rather than serving on a plate of pasta like Chicken Parmesan is normally served. During the cooking process I realized that while I loved the idea of putting the pasta sauce and cheese directly on the chicken to melt the cheese in the oven, it just wasn’t enough of the delicious pasta sauce for me.
So I layered the chicken over pasta in a bowl and added even more pasta sauce for just the right amount of deliciousness in a bowl! This easy meal is versatile and can please the whole family in just 30 minutes!
- Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce
- Pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 clove Garlic, chopped [optional]
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves, chopped [optional]
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, chopped [optional]
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Once preheated, bake Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips for 20 minutes, turning once at 10 minutes.
- While your chicken tenders are baking, bring a pot of water to boil. Boil pasta for about 12 minutes or until al dente.
- Place Pasta Sauce in a pot and slowly warm over low heat.
- Optional: Saute chopped spinach and mushrooms in garlic and olive oil just 2 minutes over low-medium heat. Just enough to give the spinach that deep green color.
- Once chicken tenders have finished cooking after 20 minutes, take them out then top with spinach/mushroom mixture [optional], spoonful of pasta sauce, and top off with Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese.
- Put back in the oven on broil for just a minute to melt and brown cheese.
- Place pasta noodles in a bowl, top with covered chicken and add more pasta sauce if you desire!