This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinions and text are all mine.
When I think life couldn’t get busier, it does. I now have to meal plan and write out all our activities at the beginning of each week just to stay afloat. The girls are in Girl Scouts, take piano lessons, are in the school choir, and play soccer. And on top of that, Rob and I have taken on running the local soccer league so in addition to the girls’ busy schedules and our work schedules, there’s even more!
I’m not complaining though, as we love being busy and living a fulfilled life, but sometimes something has to give a bit. Making a weekly menu definitely helps me stay on track with dinner, but it also helps me see that I don’t have an hour in the kitchen during the week to prepare a meal. So quick meals are definitely what we’re loving right now in this busy season!
One of my current favorites is a fun twist on one of my family’s favorite side dishes – macaroni and cheese! Who doesn’t love a big side of mac and cheese? While it’s an easy side to serve with just about any main dish, I think it’s time to elevate this popular side into its own main dish with a super simple twist.
The twist is just as easy, and quick, as boiling the pasta shells! Smithfield Anytime Favorites elevate any meal and in a blink. I used the Diced Ham to turn our macaroni and cheese into Baked Mac & Cheese and the girls have already requested to have it again!
Smithfield Anytime Favorites is a family favorite for simple snacking and meal preparation. I often put the cubed ham in the girls’ lunch boxes for a quick school meal too. With a wide variety of cuts, such as diced, cubed or sliced ham, ham steaks and boneless pork chops, Smithfield Anytime Favorites helps take the pressure off of cooking and lunch packing!
That’s definitely a busy life hack that I’ve been using too. I try to cook enough to have leftovers for the girls’ lunch boxes. Believe it or not, this Baked Mac & Cheese with Ham and Broccoli is just as good cold for lunch as it is warm!
- 1 pkg. Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 pkg. Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Diced Ham
- 1-2 cups of Broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cook macaroni as package describes.
- While macaroni is cooking, steam broccoli for about 1 minute in microwave. Don't fully cook the broccoli for a crunchier texture.
- Once pasta shells are done boiling, mix in cheese sauce as directed on package. Then, mix in 1/2 package of Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Diced Ham and broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour into glass baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then panko and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until top cheese browns perfectly!
- Enjoy warm and even cold the next day for a quick lunch!
No matter how busy your day gets, a delicious, flavorful meal can be ready in a snap. Especially when you have Smithfield Anytime Favorites on hand in your refrigerator! Conveniently available for purchase at Publix, you can save $1 on any two Smithfield Anytime Favorites items thanks to this digital coupon available for download through 11/21 and use through mid-December. Be sure to search “Smithfield” to find the coupon!
The next time you find yourself with a busy day full of activities, I hope you’ll turn the beloved side dish into a main dish of Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Smithfield Anytime Favorites Diced Ham and just an extra 15 minutes!