We’re in the homestretch before Christmas and I see a flurry of Holiday recipes and side dishes being passed around Facebook and repins a-flurry on Pinterest.
I really do love cooking for my family, but during the Holiday season there seems to be such a rush that sometimes it’s nice to rely on simple dishes to get you through!
Today I’m sharing how I’ve added a minor upgrade to delicious Au Gratin potato side dish recipes by using one of my favorite secret ingredients!
Betty Crocker™ Casserole Potatoes are an easy staple in our cupboard. They make the perfect side dish for all the time – but especially when the hustle and bustle of the Holidays roll around.
As if the Au Gratin potatoes needed an upgrade, they’re delish as is, but I decided to throw in one of my favorite ingredients to cook with… Greek Yogurt!
Substituting the butter and milk that the box calls for, with 3/4 cup of Greek Yogurt brings the Betty Crocker™ Au Gratin Casserole Potatoes up a creamy level that you’ll always want to repeat.
Add on a delicious topping of crunchy bacon and slices of green onions and you’ll have a side dish that might just outshine your main course!
Betty Crocker™ casserole potatoes make a tasty family tradition easier! Just 20 minutes to bake a delicious and convenient side dish your whole family will love.
Betty Crocker™ uses 100% real potatoes for the best flavor available, with 11 different varieties! They are easy to prepare, allowing you more time to spend with family and friends during the holidays, and easy potato upgrades can be done with all the flavors by simply adding a few other ingredients to really impress!
- 1 Box Au Gratin Betty Crocker™ Casserole Potatoes
- 2 cups Water
- 3/4 Cup Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt
- Bacon and Green Onions for Topping [optional]
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Boil 2 cups of water and combine water, Greek Yogurt, and sauce packet from Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes package.
- Once combined, add potatoes from package.
- Pour into 8x8 casserole dish or smaller [depending on desired thickness of potatoes].
- Bake for 25 minutes for a crispy top and garnish with bacon and green onions.