The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Most households are always looking for ways to save money and choices that can help your family save energy too are definitely a win win. One easy way to do both is to look for appliances marked as ENERGY STAR® appliances. Let’s look at 3 reasons you should choose ENERGY STAR Laundry Appliances for your home.
Better for the Environment
ENERGY STAR® certified products reduce energy usage, which is good for the environment. Reduced energy helps to preserve more of the Earth’s natural resources and reduce carbon emissions and pollutants.
For example, clothes washers that have earned the ENERGY STAR use 25% less energy and approximately 45% less water than standard models. Over the lifetime of the product, an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer saves 1,100 kWh, more than 2.5 million BTUs of natural gas, and a staggering 33,000 gallons of water!
Save Money on Energy Bills
At the same time ENERGY STAR® certified products reduce energy usage, they’ll lower your energy costs. Clothes dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR use approximately 20% less energy than standard models.
In fact, if all clothes dryers sold in the U.S. were ENERGY STAR certified, the energy cost savings would grow to more than $1.5 billion each year and 22 billion pounds of annual carbon pollution would be prevented. This is equal to the emissions from 2 million vehicles.
Better for Your Clothes
While money and energy savings are super important, so is the fact that appliances perform how you want them to AND that they prolong the life of your clothes. ENERGY STAR laundry appliances at Best Buy are actually better for your clothes than traditional appliances, thanks to these amazing advanced features:
- Sophisticated wash systems– ENERGY STAR certified top-load machines clean your clothing just like standard models without wasting water to fill up the tub. Instead, these machines use sophisticated wash systems to cycle clothes through a mixture of water and detergent, allowing the clothes to be cleaned without using excess water or detergent.
- No central agitator– Front-load machines tumble clothes through a small amount of water instead of rubbing clothes against an agitator, while advanced top-load machines lift and tumble clothes through a reduced stream of water. Both designs dramatically reduce the amount of hot water and energy used in the wash cycle.
- High spin speeds– Efficient motors spin clothes two to three times faster to extract more water. Less moisture in the clothes means less time in the dryer and less energy spent drying clothes.
- Long live your clothes– Front-load and advanced top-load clothes washers’ sophisticated wash systems use a variety of methods to lift and tumble your laundry, lengthening the life of often-washed items. Additionally, because they are so gentle, many models can safely clean silk, wool and other hand-washables.
- Low Heat Setting– Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look for the cycle that uses the least amount of energy, sometimes known as the “energy-saving” selection.
Best Buy is committed to positively impacting the environment and its communities. Best Buy provides their customers with a wide assortment of sustainable products. This includes offering a large selection of energy-efficient products, including ENERGY STAR certified electronics and appliances.