I am a #StonyfieldBlogger and often get perks for being one. I only share the brand because I am completely in love with their yogurt and all opinions expressed are 100% my own!
It’s Summer and Picnic Season is in full swing! I don’t know about you, but I always freeze up when I try to think of a dish to take along to a picnic. If it’s cold, will it have to stay cold? If it contains mayo, will it spoil too fast? If it’s warm, how can I keep it warm until time to eat.
So, I started brainstorming and came up with this delicious, so incredibly easy, Buffalo Chicken Dip. Eat it warm, eat it cool – it doesn’t matter, because believe me you will eat it.
A lady never admits how much Buffalo Chicken Dip she eats – ok, total lie. I ate about half of this as soon as it came out of the oven and I sent some home with a friend and she later admitted to eating it all before her husband got home to try any. I promise – it’s good! And perhaps the best part about is, you don’t have to feel too guilty for consuming half of the entire dip you just made because it’s a lightened up version of Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Replace any notions of putting mayonnaise or sour cream into a dip with a cup of Stonyfield Organic Fat Free Greek Yogurt and cut your calories and fat dramatically!
You could easily use canned chicken, but I love buying the fresh, organic chicken at a local grocery store – it’s just so much better. I shredded the chicken too so the dip was really smooth.
Um, and then I ate it. So, it didn’t really make it to a picnic, unless you count sharing with a friend, but it will definitely be my go-to picnic food from now on. It was delicious warm with celery and chips and would even make a totally fun wrap too!
Or you know, straight out of the dish works too!
Hubby wanted an even lighter meal for the day, so I used the rest of the cooked chicken breast and made him some delicious Chicken Salad with flavored Stonyfield Greek Yogurt – it’s one of his favorite sandwiches! But me? Oh, you know I’m all about the Buffalo Chicken Dip!
- 2 Chicken Breasts Cooked and Shredded
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 4 oz [half block] Cream Cheese [lighten even more with Fat Free Cream Cheese]
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce [more or less, depending on how spicy you want!]
- Mix all of your ingredients together and put into a baking dish. I reserved a bit of shredded cheese to top off the dip. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or so - just until the dip is heated thoroughly and the cheese melts. I topped with chives!