As if keeping your own children happy throughout the Summer isn’t enough of a challenge, hosting toddler play dates at your house with your child’s friends can turn into quite the stressful experience, if you're not prepared! Earth's Best has some great tips to keep in mind as you make plans for your child this summer!
- Open a discussion with the other parents beforehand regarding their own children’s behaviors, likes and dislikes, as well as any restrictions they may have like food allergies.
- Make sure you clarify your own guidelines and expectations and discuss them with the other guardians ahead of time so that they can lay down the rules with their children in advance of the play date.
- Set a limit on the number of children that are invited. It will take a lot of the pressure off of you if you are prepared ahead of time regarding how many children will be present. With fewer kids in your home, your child will be able to develop more meaningful relationships and will be less overwhelmed by new faces.
Have a variety of mess-free, convenient and quick snacks on hand to share with your child and guests. Earth’s Best recommends a few snacks perfect for summer play dates:
- Sesame Street Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies: a nutritious snack made from organic fruit and real organic yogurt, these smoothies are easy to serve and quick to clean-up.
- Organic Letter of the Day Cookies: these cookies can make your play date an educational experience by presenting a great tasting way for kids to learn their ABC’s.
- Always be flexible about changing play date arrangements or making last minute adjustments.
Planning fun activities for the children is a great way to keep them busy. If it's a pretty day, letting them run and play outside is usually the best idea. If you happen to have a rainy day, you can use all those empty Organic Fruit Yogurt Smoothie pouches in your painting activities!